Various taxes / fees to be paid while visiting Rohtang Pass
- Permit Fee (Applicable for those visiting Rohtang Pass for tourism purpose) :-
This is applicable for all vehicles visiting Rohtnag pass for tourism purpose. This tax is applicable on daily basis and accordingly the permits are issued based on daily quota defined by National Green Tribunal(NGT)/District Administration. The tourism permit is valid for one day only (To & Fro).
Mandatory Information required for Rohtang Pass Permit
• Daily Permit Limit :
- Valid ID Proof
- Valid Pollution Under Check (PUC) Certificate
- Vehicle Registration Date (Age of vehicle not to be more than 10 yrs)
(i) Petrol Vehicles = 800
(ii) Diesel Vehicles = 400
• The permits can be obtained online in two time frames:
(i) 12:00 hrs to 15:00 hrs (200 Diesel and 400 Petrol)
(ii) 17:00 hrs to 24:00 hrs (200 Diesel and 400 Petrol)
No Vehicles are allowed on TUESDAY as the day is marked for maintenance of Rohtang Pass.
Permits can only be applied for next 2 days from the current date.
Printout is compulsory for all permissions.
• Vehicles having wrong information on permit as compared to valid proofs will not be allowed to cross the barrier.
• Vehicles will be permitted to CHECK-IN at barrier in two time slots:
(i) 6:00 am to 9:00 am (200 Diesel and 400 Petrol)
(ii) 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (200 Diesel and 400 Petrol)
- Congestion Charges:-
This is applicable for all vehicles crossing Gulaba Bridge. This tax is paid on daily basis and is valid for one day only (To & Fro).
Either Window for Applying Permit is Closed or Quota Finished
Rates of various taxes
|S.No.||Vehicle Class||Permit Fee||Congestion Charges|
|1||Car & Jeep||500||50|
|3||Buses & HMV||500||100|